Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pansit Using Rice Noodles

My son has been asking me for "moodles", his way of saying noodles and I have just discovered this Thai Kitchen Stir Fry Rice Noodles at Whole Foods Market. Well, the main ingredients are basically the same except for some substitution of the regular soy sauce we use.

Ingredients:
Rice Noodles
Carrots
Cilantro
Green beans
Pork/Chicken (can be mixed together)
Celery
Onion slices
Garlic/Garlic Salt
Tamari Sauce/La Choy (my son is on a mild yeast free diet so I try to avoid this stuff)
Chicken broth or chicken bouillion (some people use GF Chicken bouillion, I don't because I try to avoid yeast and MSG)

If I am in a hurry, I use 365 Organic Thai Stir Fry Mixed Veggies. They are awesome!! I like the way they mixed the onion into it. It makes it easier for me to skip a step.

Saute onion, garlic and pork/chicken. Throw the veggies into the pan and stir. Put the rice noodles. Pour in the broth and garlic salt to taste. Once veggies are cooked, leave a little bit of liquid/broth to allow the rice noodles to expand and suck in some of it.(so as not to make the pansit dry)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: