Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yeast Free Pizza

I got the recipe from Special Diet for Special Kids 1. I've been thinking about making the pizza crust for a very long time and I'm glad I did today. This pizza crust is made out of chickpea flour and sweet rice flour. After 15 minutes in the oven, I got it out & tried it. It taste very good and can be a substitute for bread as per my opinion. My son ate a piece and I think he loved it. He was too busy watching the dvd on his player that he just kept eating. I don't know yet if he will have a second time on this pizza. But as for me, it was awesome good.

Ingredients:
1 cup Chickpea flour
1/2 cup Sweet Rice
2 TBL Vegetable or Olive Oil
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (I use garlic salt instead & skip the salt)
1/2 cup Water
To taste Salt

Combine all ingredients together. Mix thoroughly and spread into a large pizza pan or greased cookie sheet. Add toppings prior to baking. Preheat oven at 450 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is brown and toppings are cooked. For my son, I don't usually put toppings for he only likes marinara sauce or tomatoe sauce. Makes it easier for me.

No comments: