Friday, June 5, 2009

Baking Cookies

I bought gluten free Bob's Mill Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix at Whole Foods Market the other month. When my son's Tx came in a week ago, she picked brownies to bake with him during the session. He loves doing some of the mixing and stirring of ingredients while he says "chef!" I guess he wants to be a chef that's why. So last night, I asked if he wanted to bake cookies for his snack at school tomorrow. And he actually grabbed the little stepping stool and joined me in the kitchen.

This recipe is so easy to make with the help of Bob's Mill Mix. There are alot of varieties to choose from on their gluten free mixes. The cookie itself tastes good although I have to use Ener-G egg substitute because my son is allergic to eggs. Instead of margarine, you can also use any of your favorite oil. I used olive oil because that's all I have in the kitchen that I know is safe. By the way, I do have Canoleo Soft Margarine in the fridge but I didn't use because of milk derivatives. This baking session was successful. He liked the cookies!! I only gave him two small pieces because they're too sweet. But other than that, it is awesome good!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: