Monday, March 2, 2009

Food Talk


Rice drink..a good milk replacement. I buy this at Trader Joe's. Other health stores have different brand. I go for TJ because I know they are real organic.














I use this for my son's spaghetti since he doesn't like the regular pasta. It takes longer for this pasta to cook. It takes about 10-12 minutes depending on how soft you want it to be instead of the regular 8 minute-cooking. Brown rice is naturally wheat free and gluten free. They are a good source of protein and it's high in fiber. The complex carbohydrates in brown and whole grain food make you feel fuller, longer. Most of all it has more vitamins, minerals & anti-oxidant.Sometimes it can be hard to make the switch. Start slowly by changing one thing at a time. It could be just your pasta or just the bread you make your sandwich with for lunch. Soon you will wonder how you ever ate white over brown in the first place.

I picked this up at Whole Foods just in case I need to make a GFCF cupcake. It's sitting in my pantry.

No comments: