Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tougher This Days

I'd gone out for just grocery shopping today and prices sure hit my pocket. I couldn't
imagine how 3 bags of groceries could cost over a hundred bucks and yet they're not
filled all the way to the top. Being on GFCF diet is a tough decision to make. And for the last 3 years, I had been contemplating on getting my son on the diet and finally, I decided once and for all to put him just this year. Being on the diet means you have to never eat gluten & casein ever again. And once he accidentally eat just a tiny bit or crumbs of food with gluten, I have to be prepared to suffer the consequences of it. That means 3 days of negative behaviors. It takes about 3 days to get that gluten out of the system even if it is a tiny bit of it. And today, is my first experience of him eating a gluten in the form of a cookie since February. He'd been wanting to eat it as soon as he saw his sister munched on it. Just a split second of me having turn my head back, he got the culprit into his mouth. I should have asked him to spit it out, but because I panicked I wasn't able to think fast of what to do. I was so disappointed and felt all my hardwork were wasted. I kept thinking if I should put all of us on a diet. I don't know the answer yet. Sometimes I think I should not, considering the economic situation and sometimes I think I should. While some families embraced the diet, I am still not prepared to do so.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Eubelle said...

must be hard. i know you dont want to deprive your little girl stuff she can eat but its also hard to juggle two kinds of diet for two kids :( hope it all works out.

Unknown said...

I am asking for your help in the removal of the sitewide links to my site from your sidebar. Currently you are linking to theyeastdiet.com/yeast-free-diet.html in the sidebar and I am asking you to please remove the links as soon as possible. I appreciate your assistance!