Sunday, March 22, 2009

Junky Sweet vs. Glee

Once upon a time I thought all candies are the same. They all can rot your teeth. And eventhough how hard I tried to avoid candies for my kids still I wound up going to the isles of candies in the store. But one thing I learned is choosing the right candies for them. Those candies we got from birthday parties are the ones we avoid and those by the checkstands of grocery stores. Those are fast candies as I called them. They are like fast foods they tend to look good and make me wanna buy them.. but in the long run they don't offer anything except when I'm on sugar rush. Well, my son likes them!. But most of all, he likes gum.

Since February, I avoided non health stores when buying candies or chocolates. I buy him his GFCF gum at Trader Joe's. The Glee Gum is my favorite. It comes in different flavors and it tastes natural. Most of all, it's sugar free. I have 3 packs of these in my bag. One for me and one for him and the other one is extra in case of emergency.

Oh! And before I forget, I have introduced this toothpaste to him and to my daughter last Friday. Guess what? They did not like it. What is to like to a boring not so good tasting natural anticavity toothpaste? I am still creating a plan to substitute this from the regular toothpaste they use until I get rid of them. It will be putting a little bit of Tom's Anticavity Flouride Toothpaste & Aquafresh together. And gradually increasing it until the other one's gone. That's how I became successful in replacing their regular Aunt Jemmima's Syrup for their french toast with Pure Maple Syrup. They didn't complain a bit. As to Aunt Jemmima's, she went straight to the trash can.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: