Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Salmonella Outbreak

I'm so glad he liked the slightly salted plain rice crispies that I bought yesterday.

What's on his lunch bag today:

spaghetti for lunch
carrots
stoneground corn chips
1 piece of O's
rice crispies
water

I am beginning to think of what he's going to have for tomorrow. I just heard from the news about the pistachio salmonella outbreak. Ooops! I just bought a bag of pistachios yesterday from Trader Joe's!! Well, they said not all pistachios were contaminated. The recalled pistachios were shipped on or after September 1, 2008 by California processor Setton Pistachio of Terra Bella Inc. The FDA has announced that because the pistachios were used as ingredients in many foods, many products may be recalled. You should be aware of products from grocery chain Kroger Co. The company has recalled its Private Selection shelled pistachios in Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer and other stores owned by Kroger.

No comments: